Idaho Safe Motorist Course
Driving is a privilege not a right:
These online defensive driving courses have been reviewed and approved for automobile insurance discounts or premium reductions. Amounts and eligibility requirements vary. Check with your insurance company to determine whether you are eligible to receive a discount or premium reduction by completing this online defensive driving (accident prevention) course. Discounts or premium reductions may not be applied if the driver moves to another state or policy where the discount is not available or if a driver fails to provide timely proof of course completion.
Driving can be stressful, and most drivers have gotten frustrated behind the wheel at some point. It's important to avoid aggressive driving behaviors, such as speeding, quick lane changing, running red lights and failure to yield.
Aggressive driving behaviors are a factor in over 50% of fatal crashes. Over 90% of drivers believe aggressive driving as a very serious threat to their own safety.
Points To Remember When Driving
- Avoid cutting off other drivers
- Avoid the horn button and keep a safe distance behind the car in front of you
- Avoid making inappropriate or offensive gestures
- Try and stay clear of aggressive drivers
- Avoid eye contact
- Seek help if you're being followed by driving to a safe/crowded location or by dialing 911
Keep Your Attitude In Check
- Leave early enough to get to your destination on time and not have to rush
- You don't know what the other driver is going through or where they are going
- Taking 2 deep breaths. It may stop escalating a situation that will usually make things worse